Client Spotlight Questions
What’s your occupation?
- I’m a retired physician who volunteers around my community and travels the world with my husband.
Who’s your favorite superhero?
- The director of my pulmonary program in Dallas, Texas: Allan Pierce. He had an incredible knowledge of the human body and was gifted in teaching. He’s the reason I went on to study pulmonary diseases!
What’s your favorite food?
- Fruit Pies, especially boysenberry.
What are your goals?
- To be able to travel and handle my luggage on my own without hurting myself (or others).
- Having a healthy, fit body, so if by chance I live to be 120, I can still get around.
What’s kept you motivated?
- Seeing my consistent improvement/progression as I’ve trained with Ryan over the last year.
What do you like to do outside of the gym?
- Almost anything BUT exercise! Just kidding, but I volunteer at a local theater in the costume department.
What’s the greatest fitness challenge you’ve faced so far?
- Learning the discipline to stay committed to my goals, and learning my limits and not to push myself into overtraining.
What’s your biggest fitness accomplishment since you started training?
- Can squat and take luggage [25-pound suitcase] down from the overhead bin on a plane by myself.
- My thighs used to be different sizes, and are now symmetrical.
- I went from only doing one lunge to 25 as a warm-up.
What’s your favorite movement or exercise?
- Seated Leg Extension. The exercise you do the best and have seen the most progression in.
What music do you like to train to?
- Enya, the famous Irish folk singer!
What advice would you give to new gym-goers or yourself?
- Identify your barriers to coming to the gym and exercising, and be honest about them. Don’t waste time pretending something isn’t holding you back.
What advice would you give yourself when you first started?
- Stick to it; set your goals and don’t look back.
What do you think of your personal trainer here at Boom Fitness?
- Ryan has introduced new movements and exercises in a methodical and consistent manner so that I learn them well and can apply them myself. Workouts are all made custom for me with my goals in mind. He cares genuinely about me as a person, not just as a client. He makes the sessions fun and engaging!